|Question: Write a brief biography of Acharya Nagarjuna?|
Ans: Acharya Nagarjuna was a Buddhist saint, great intellect. Acharya Nagarjuna was contemporary of Satavahana king Yagnasri Satakarni.
According to Lankaavathaara Suthram, Acharya Nagarjuna was born in a Telangana village named ‘Vedali’.
Titles of Acharya Nagarjuna :
- 2nd Thadhaagatha (2nd Buddha) 2. Indian Einstene.
Acharya Nagarju was exponent of ‘Madhyamikism’. He also profounded ‘Sunyavaada’.
Acharya Nagarjuna established an education institute in Sriparvatha. Students from all over the world used to come to Sriparvatha University.
Reiling to Amaravathi sthupa and Matapas at Srisailam were constructed by Acharya Nagarjuna.
Books written by Acharya Nagarjuna:
- ‘Pragna Paaramitha’ (literal meaning ‘limits to knowledge’).
- Sruhullekha – Letter written to Yajnasri Satakarni.
- Ratnavali – Raajaparikatha – About state craft.
- Rasaratnakara – About chemistry.
- Aarogya Manjari –
- Moola Maadhyamika Sutra
- Shoonya sapthathi.