Committees and Commissions
Committees and Commissions
* Raghavan Committee – Anti Ragging
* Yashpal Committee – Reforms in High Schools (Suggested Grading system)
* Yashpal Panel Higher Education
* Justice Umesh Chandra Bennerjee Committee – Godra probe
* Nanavati Mehta Committee 2002 – Godhra riots
* Kapil Dev Committee – Cricket Development.
* Sayeed Hameed to study the extincting Jarua tribe of Andaman Nicobar Islands.
* Justice M.S. Siddiquee – Minority Education Instututions.
* Justice Jeevan Reddi Committee – On special rights given to Manipur Armed Forces. * Sachar Committe – Social, Economical and Educational status of Muslims
* Ranganath Mishra Commission – 15% Reservation to Muslims
* Liberhan Commission – Babri Masjid Demolition
* Kakodkar Committee – IIT Reforms
* Soli Sorabjee Committee – Police Reforms
* B.K.Chaturvedi Committee – Domestic Oil Pricing Policy
* Punchi Commission – Center-State ties
* Sarkaria Commission – Center-State relations & Balance of power
* Balwantrai Mehta Committee – Community Development Program (recommended Panchayati Raj System)
* Ashok Mehta Committee 2-tier Panchayat Raj System
* Jivanlal Kapur Commission – Gandhi Murder Case
* Shah Nawaz Committee (1956)- Death of Subhash Chandra Bose
* Khosla Commission (1970) – Death of Subhash Chandra Bose
* Mukherjee Commission (1999) – Death of Subhash Chandra Bose
* Kaka Kalelkar Commission (1955) – 1st commission on Backward Classes
* Mandal Commission (1979) – OBC Quota & other Reservations
* Nanavati Commission 1984 – Anti Sikh riots
* U.C.Banerjee Panel 2002 – Godhra riots
* J.C.Shah Commission – Indian Emergency 1975-77
* S. Settar Committee – On probe into the saffronisation of History books during the reign of NDA.
* Mashelkar Committee – Intellectual Property Rights.
* Investment Commisstion – Headed by Ratan Tata.
* Rakesh Mohan Committee – Savings
* Naresh Chandra Committee – Private Investment in Aviation Sector
* Vaalmiki Prasad Singh Committee – Reservations to the economically backward people in Upper Castes
* Raamaanand Prasad Committee – To identify the economically strong people in Other Backward Castes and include them in creamy layer. now the creamy layer income limit is 2.5 lakhs. Commissions Chairman
* Thomas Keen Commission – 9/11 inquiry. Committee declared that Iraq did not participate in 9/11 attack though Iraq had contacts with Al Qaida.
* National Commission on Women – Anti Dowry. Dahej mekth Abhiyan.
* Jain Commission – Rajiv Gandhi Murder. This committee led to the downfall of Inder Kumar
* Prof. Jayathi Gosh commission – Suicides of Andhra Pradesh farmeres.Jayathi Gosh is professor in economics department in Jawahar Lal Nehru University.
* Central Vigilance Commission – Pratyusha Sinha
* Finance Commission – Vijay Kelkar
* 1st Administrative Reforms Commission Morarji Desai
* 2nd Administrative Reforms Commission V.Ramachandran
* Veerappa moilee commission – Second state re-organisation commission
* Unorganised Sector Development – Arjun Sen Guptha Commission